Privacy and Security
Last updated: January 1, 2020.
Your Preferences: If you receive our promotional emails and catalogs and no longer wish to, please send a request about your contact preferences, changes to your information, or questions concerning our policy or privacy practices by calling, emailing or writing us at the contact provided in the “Contact Us” section.
By using Crazy Shirts, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- Information We Collect?
- For What Purposes Does Crazy Shirts Use Your Personal Information?
- Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Are Children Allowed to Use Crazy Shirts Services?
- Opt-out of Marketing Communication
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
A. Information that you provide:
- Personal Contact Information: When you place an order via crazyshirts.com, request a catalog or receive a gift, via phone, mail or fax, we collect, name, postal address, email address, telephone and mobile number, fax number or other similar identifiers of you and/or your ship to designator.
- Payment Information: Once you make a purchase from us, we collect credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates, CVV and billing address
- Order Details: We collect details about all orders placed or returned, including item number, size and color, channel the transaction occurred, or which store you visited.
- Account Information: If you register on crazyshirts.com, we collect all account registration information along with email address and password.
- My Information
- Address Book
- Order History
- Item History
- Wish Lists
- Marketing Data: We collect data concerning your marketing preferences, social media engagement, subscription to Aloha Mail, contest and sweepstakes and marketing surveys off-line.
- Content, Images and Files: We may collect other information you provide, such as videos, pictures or other content sent when submitting a product review or engaging on Crazy Shirts social media.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
When you visit crazyshirts.com, we may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and pixel tags.
- Identifiers and Device Information. We automatically collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address when you visit crazyshirts.com as well as other information about your device including unique identifiers such as MAC address or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the website, including but not limited to your device type, operating system and version, browser type and language, settings and configuration, and information about the location of your device.
- Geolocation Data. We collect geolocation data when you use our website.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your usage of and activity on our website, including the date and time you visit, the areas or pages that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing pages, the number of times you return to the website, items that are browsed and or added to your shopping cart.
C. Information Collected by Third Parties
We contract with other companies to provide orders and services, such as;
- Credit card processors
- Shipping & Logistics suppliers
- Data correction & address hygiene
- Data marketing & consumer analytics companies
- Sweepstakes promoters
- Fraud protection
In some instances, Crazy Shirts contractors may have access to Personally Identifiable Information, however they are obligated to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purpose of carrying out Crazy Shirts business.
We have partnerships with various third parties that use collected data to do perform functions, such as, predicting your preferences, display and email advertising targeted to your interests.
We also make our postal mailing list (names and postal addresses only) available to carefully screened companies whose products we believe will be of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your postal information with these companies, please call, email or write us at the contact provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Email Policy: Crazy Shirts does not sell or rent customers’ email addresses to other companies.
Other Advertising Partners
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
- Protection of Crazy Shirts and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Gain credit card authorization for orders
- Process credits to credit cards for returns and exchanges
- Process and track your orders
- Provide services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Mail physical catalogs
- Send email newsletters, provided you have not opted out of those services
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
- Administer sweepstakes or promotions and identify or publicize the winner(s) in accordance with the rules for that promotion.
We use the aggregate information that we collect from our customers in a manner that does not use Personally Identifying Information for any individual. Information such as visited pages, and documents accessed allows us to improve web site experience and content. This aggregate non-personal information is used to help our advertisers, web designers and marketing teams to create advertisements our customers may be interested in receiving.
Crazy Shirts uses Google Analytics, a web site analytics tool to better understand your use of crazyshirts.com. This information allows us to understand web site page behavior as well as provides us with ways in which to better improve the website for our customers. Google Analytics does NOT collect any credit card, username or password information or any other personally identifiable information.
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations and display personalized content.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Customers can use Private Browsing when shopping on our website. Customers that shop using Private Browsing technology will be able to see and take advantage of all the features available on crazyshirts.com, exactly as if you are a new visitor to the site.
When you are browsing in privacy mode, we track non-personally identifiable information about your visit to crazyshirts.com for analytical purposes.
If you are a crazyshirts.com registered user, once you sign into your account, we will be able to recognize you as a registered user at that point and will then give you access to all your registration benefits and information.
To delete cookies, simply close your web browser or turn off the computer’s power and the session cookies will be deleted automatically. To delete persistent cookies, you will need to manually delete them through your browser’s setting options. You can disable both session and persistent cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
- Opt-Out from Crazy Shirts
- You may opt out of receiving promotional email using the Unsubscribe link in the emails that you receive from us. We may still send you non-promotional (transactional) emails for your orders and accounts.
- Opt-Out from Sharing Data
- You may opt out of sharing information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by calling, emailing, or writing to us at the contact provided in the “Contact Us” section.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) gives our California resident customers the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information, which includes information about their usage of and activity on our site as well as data collected during transactions with us. Like many online retailers, we have relationships with various third parties that use data provided by us to them, for marketing and advertising purposes, such as predicting your preferences. Under the CCPA, sharing your data with these third parties may be considered a “sale” of your personal information.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
- You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding 12 months.
- You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, some of our services will not work the same. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Returns & Exchanges: We will not have the ability to look up your receipt or order in our system. In order to process a return or refund, we will require proof of purchase from the customer and if the customer is unable to provide proof of purchase, the transaction will be treated as an unreceipted return in accordance with our return policy.
- Customer Service: Our ability to handle customer service requests may be limited. We will not have the ability to look up prior orders or account information and may request proof of purchase in order to service your needs.
- Online Account: Your online account will no longer exist. Your shopping cart items, order history, saved addresses, saved receipts and any other saved preferences in your online account will no longer be available.
- Recalls: We will no longer be able to contact you via email, regular mail, or phone about product recalls.
- Wish list: You will no longer be able to view or add items to your gift list
- Marketing Communications: We will no longer be able to provide you with any marketing communications directly, including personalized marketing communication such as information about new products, services and offers tailored to your interests.
- Opt-Outs: Previous opt-out requests will not be saved.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.